REGULATIONS FOR SCHOOL BUS RIDERS
Regulations for School Bus Riders
Every bus rider must abide by these rules or the rider may be deprived of the right to attend school:
1. All riders shall remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop when unloading.
2. All riders shall keep hands and arms inside of the bus
3. Each rider shall remain in the seat assigned to him by the bus driver or principal
4. Scuffing and fighting are prohibited
5. The use of profane or obscene language is forbidden
6. Bus riders will not litter the bus with food or other debris
7. Any damage to the bus other than from regular usage will be paid for by the rider or the parents (code of Virginia 22.1-276)
8. Pupils must be at the loading place at the schedule time both morning and afternoon
9. Pupils shall follow the recommended procedure when crossing streets and roadways
10. Pupils should inform the driver, if possible, when rider will be absent from school
11. Pupils shall cooperate with the driver at all times
The bus driver shall report any misconduct to the respective principals.
Parents shall be notified by the principal if misconduct of a student continues. Principals will discipline pupils for misconduct on the bus in the same manner as classroom misbehavior.