EEB-R Employee Use of School Owned Vehicles
Purpose of Regulation-to ensure safe and efficient use of school owned vehicles by school personnel
School employees, employees under contract (part time employees) are eligible to use a school vehicle (car/mini-van) provided they meet the following criteria:
· Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s License
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must sign a consent for disclosure of driving record by Department of Motor Vehicles
· A driving violation may result in loss of driving privileges of school owned vehicles following a review by the School Board. The review would be based on a recommendation from the Superintendent, and/or Director of Transportation.
Employees wishing to use a school vehicle should:
· Request vehicle in advance using appropriate form (attached).
· Complete requested form upon vehicle return notifying transportation department of any problems or maintenance issues
· Use vehicle only for official school business
As per transportation guidelines, only employees and/or students may be transported in school vehicles.
Adopted September 24, 2009
Buena Vista City Public Schools