DISPOSAL OF SURPLUS ITEMS
Surplus or obsolete equipment, textbooks, vehicles, buses, supplies, and materials owned by the division will normally be disposed of in one of the following ways:
1. Transferred for use in another building
2. Held for sale at public auction
3. Sold by sealed bid after being duly advertised in local print media
4. Destroyed (value less than $100.00)
5. Traded in for updated software
6. Obsolete technology equipment and software may be donated by the superintendent to another school division or to students
All property to be disposed of will be identified to the superintendent or his designee who will be responsible for disposing of all surplus or obsolete property as follows:
1. Coordinate reassignment of property with affected building principal or director
2. Arrange for public action as required
3. Advertise for sealed bids in local print media
4. Approve destruction of property
5. Approve trade-in for updated replacement
6. Obsolete technology equipment and software may be donated by the superintendent to another school division or to students.
All monies received as a result of disposal will be deposited in the school board account.