The division superintendent is responsible for the direction, leadership, and coordination of students and staff in their efforts to reach educational goals adopted by the School Board. Administration of the schools must be based upon positive human relationships in order to serve as the keystone to the effective operation of the entire educational system. Without such a base, the school system will lack that uniting force which makes everybody in the organization feel important regardless of the tasks or duties which he or she is discharging, be they professional or support services.
The School Board expects the division superintendent to provide leadership in:
1. The processes of decision-making and communication.
2. Planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs.
3. The development and maintenance of close working relationships and channels of communication within the school system and community.
4. The coordination of various processes of communication within the school system and the community so as to enable people to do the things together for education that they might never be able to do separately.
5. The promotion of understanding and development of cooperation toward attaining the educational goals adopted by the board.
Legal Refs: Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, sections 22.1-253.13:7, 22.1-70,
© 6/96 VSBA